Unique summer volunteer experience for high school students
Build your resume and explore career options in the animal welfare field.
Join us for an unforgettable summer of helping animals by participating in our Student Volunteer Experience program. This uniquely-designed program is open to high school students entering grades 10-12 and recent high school graduates who want to volunteer with Animal Humane Society over the course of one summer.
Student volunteers cover a variety of volunteer shifts available at any of our five locations. Volunteering work includes:
- Ensuring shelter animals receive excellent care and socialization as they await new homes
- Assisting customers interested in adopting an animal from AHS
- Shadowing staff in a variety of fields such as Animal Care and Veterinary Services
Student Volunteers must commit to three-hour shifts, three times per week, from June through mid-August.
- Applications are due by April 16.
- Online information sessions must be completed by April 23.
- Interviews must be completed by April 28. Applicants will be contacted by site coordinators after completion of the online information sessions.
- Applicants who are accepted will pay a $50 program fee prior to training.
Thank you for considering spending your summer vacation helping animals in our community!