We are currently receiving an extremely high volume of appointment requests and are doing our best to respond to all inquiries within 7-10 business days. Our online form closes occasionally so that we may process existing requests. If the form is closed, please check back soon.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
Please bring the following items to your visit:
- A carrier or crate for your cat or rabbit with clean bedding inside; dogs must be leashed
- Proof of qualification for our program
- Photo ID with matching proof of qualification
- Emergency contact information
- Cash or credit/debit card for payment
If you do not bring adequate proof of qualification, we will not be able to perform surgery on your pet.
Children under 18 cannot qualify for or authorize surgical procedures on pet patients.
Other things to consider
- Do not feed your pet the morning of surgery unless he or she is less than 5 months old. Pets 5 months and under should get a small amount of food ― about a third of their normal morning meal ― prior to check-in.
- Your pet can have water up until the time of surgery.
- Please walk dogs prior to check-in so they can eliminate before being kenneled.
When you arrive for your pet’s visit, we will:
- Ask for photo ID and proof of your qualification for our program.
- Go over the anesthesia release form and client questionnaire, ask if your pet has any health concerns or allergies, and answer any other questions you may have.
- Ask if you would like additional services for your pet, such as microchip identification or rabies and distemper vaccinations.
- Weigh and examine your pet to identify any obvious health concerns that may require postponement or cancellation of surgery (dehydration, upper respiratory infection, heart disease, term pregnancy) and check for hernias, undescended testicles, signs of previous surgery, or pregnancy. If any such concerns arise, our veterinarians will perform a more comprehensive exam on your pet and will provide you with recommendations.
- Provide an estimate based on the preliminary exam and request payment for surgical fees.
- Place an ID necklace on your pet
- Answer any additional questions you may have
- Provide an estimated time to pick up your pet.