Animal Humane Society receives no federal, state, or local government funding. Seventy percent of our operating budget comes from people like you. Without your help, we would not be able to make a positive difference in the lives of people and pets.
There are many ways you can support the programs and services at AHS and help homeless animals get a second chance. Here are just a few:
- Coordinate a service project
- Host your own fundraising event (or ask for donations to AHS in lieu of birthday or wedding gifts)
- Make a stock gift
- Recommend a grant from your Donor Advised Fund
- Donate to our wishlist (includes information about donating gently used pet supplies, household products, and more)
- Donate a vehicle
- Designate AHS as your charity of choice on smile.amazon.com, and 0.5% of all eligible purchases will be donated to animals in need.
Minnesota Charities Review Council’s Standards of Accountability state that at least 70% of an organization’s annual expenses must be directed toward program activity with no more than 30% for management and general and fundraising expenses combined. In our fiscal year 2019, Animal Humane Society exceeded this standard by directing 73% of our expenses back into programming and services for animals and the community.