Animal Humane Society proudly partners with other shelters and rescue organizations to provide medical services and placement options that help thousands of animals find new homes each year.
More than 30 local rescue organizations partner with AHS to place animals that experience high levels of fear, anxiety, and stress in shelter environments. Last year, AHS transferred 255 such animals — 1.5% of our total placement number — to our placement partners.
- 4 Pits Sake Rescue
- Adopt a Husky MN
- All Dog Rescue
- Angel of Hope
- Blue Earth-Nicollet County Humane Society
- Camp Kitten
- Carver Scott Humane Society
- Faerieland German Shepherd and Corgi Rescue
- Feline Rescue
- Great Plains Pointer Rescue
- Happy Tails Animal Rescue
- Kitty Revolution
- Leech Lake Legacy
- Legends Rescue
- Mending Spirits Animal Rescue
- Minnesota Companion Rabbit Society
- MN Pocket Pet Rescue
- Minnesota/Wisconsin Collie Rescue
- New Leash Rescue
- Northstar Shih Tzu Rescue
- Palomacy Pigeon & Dove Adoptions
- Parrot Adoption Education Program (PAEP)
- Paws and Claws Rescue & Resort
- Rejection Collection Boxer Rescue
- Ruff Start Rescue
- Secondhand Hounds
- Southwest Metro Animal Rescue
- St. Francis of Assisi Animal Rescue
- The Bitty Kitty Brigade
- The Kitty Cottage Sanctuary
- The Rescue Crew
- Twin Cities Pet Rescue
- United Doberman Rescue and Canine Castaways of Minnesota
Non-traditional placement resources
Because AHS cannot accept exotic pets (reptiles, large birds like cockatoos and amazons), or livestock (chickens, pigs, and goats), we maintain connections with other animal welfare groups dedicated to finding placement for non-traditional companion animals.
AHS partners with other Minnesota shelters to provide placement for animals arriving through our Animal Transport Program.
Veterinary center clients
More than 100 Minnesota shelters and rescue organizations receive low-cost spay/neuter and medical services through AHS veterinary centers. Learn more about veterinary services available to rescue organizations.
If you have questions about our shelter and rescue partners or wish to partner with AHS, please complete our Rescue and Shelter Partner Interest Form.