Project Purpose will give kids ages 12-15 a deeper understanding of the work AHS does through hands-on service learning.
Each three-hour session features a seasonal project, such as, making pet supply bags for our outreach community, building shelters for feral cats, or carving pumpkins for shelter dogs to enjoy. Additionally, Project Purpose can be used to fulfill school or club community service requirements! The cost of the program is $40.
What to expect at each Project Purpose:
- Take a behind-the scenes tour
- Assist staff with shelter work
- Create animal enrichment activities
- Complete a Service Project (rotates monthly)
- Make new friends!
Children must wear closed-toed shoes and comfortable clothing that can get dirty. Participants should not expect significant animal contact in this program.
- Sunday, October 28, 1 p.m.
- Saturday, November 10, 9 a.m.
- Saturday, January 12, 9 a.m.
- Saturday, February 23, 1 p.m.
- Saturday, April 6, 1 p.m.
- Saturday, May 11, 1 p.m.
- Sunday, November 4, 9 a.m.
- Saturday, February 2, 9 a.m.
- Sunday, May 5, 9 a.m.
- Saturday, October 6, 9 a.m.
- Sunday, January 20, 1 p.m.
- Saturday, April 27, 1 p.m.
- Saturday, December 8, 9 a.m.
- Sunday, March 3, 1 p.m.