From in-shelter support to at-home foster care, volunteers support every facet of our work. Together, we're creating a more humane world for animals.
Our volunteer application process is on hold
AHS is currently providing limited services due to COVID-19. As a result, we're suspending the volunteer application process until further notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- A $25 application fee is required for all applicants.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. If you're younger than 16, there are other ways to get involved.
- AHS requires a one-year commitment to volunteering. In-shelter opportunities require a minimum of one regularly scheduled, recurring shift every other week. Shifts are 2-4 hours depending on assignment.
- Human interaction is a requirement of all volunteer roles. Volunteers must always communicate professionally.
- Volunteers must understand and fulfill all responsibilities of their role independently.