Build your resume and explore career options in animal welfare.
Join us for an unforgettable summer of helping animals by participating in our Student Volunteer Experience program. This unique program is open to high school students entering grades 10-12 and recent high school graduates who want to volunteer with Animal Humane Society over the course of one summer.
Student volunteers cover a variety of volunteer shifts available at any of our four locations. Volunteering work includes:
- Ensuring shelter animals receive excellent care and socialization as they await new homes
- Assisting customers interested in adopting an animal from AHS
- Shadowing staff in a variety of fields such as Animal Care and Veterinary Services
Student Volunteers must commit to three-hour shifts, three times per week, from June through mid-August.
Fill out the application for the site where you'd like to volunteer. Applications are due by Sunday, April 15.
Important Student Volunteer Experience timelines:
- Applications are due by Sunday, April 15
- Online Information Sessions must be completed by Sunday, April 22
- Interviews must be completed by Friday, April 27 (all applicants will be contacted by site coordinators after completion of the Online Information Session)