Turn your regular afternoon into craft time your furry family members will love! Check out these two DIY toy ideas, one for your cat and one for your dogs. All you need is some extra scraps of fleece and a pair of scissors.
- Select four 3-inch squares of fleece.
- Stack them on top of one another.
- On one edge of the stack, make three or four parallel cuts through all four layers. The cuts should go almost halfway into the square.
- Make the same cuts on the opposite side of the stack.
- Cut a long, thin piece of fleece.
- Tie the long piece of fleece around the middle of the stack and pull it tight.
- Fluff up the cut fringes of the fleece ball to puff it out.
Once you're done, let your cat enjoy! Hang it off a shelf or their cat tower, or hold it high for them to jump up and grab.
- Cut three long strips of fleece.
- Gather the three pieces together and tie a knot at one end.
- Braid the fleece.
- Tie another knot at the end of the braid.
- Cut the ends into fringes, if you'd like.
Once it's all tied up, give to your pup to enjoy! Our test dog loved it so much she chewed it up right away.