Reporting animal cruelty
We need your help to keep the animals in our communities safe. Contact our Humane Investigations team if you are concerned about the welfare of an animal.
Common signs of animal cruelty and neglect:
- Lack of grooming, for example overgrown nails or matted fur
- Basic needs not met, such as lack of food, water, shelter, and vet care
- Bruises and scarring on skin or visible signs of poor health
- Being kept in unsanitary conditions or extreme temperatures
- Malnourished or dehydrated appearance where bones are visible through fur
To file a complaint:
The proper evidence and witnesses are required to successfully build a case for seizure and/or prosecution. Every effort is made to maintain confidentiality.
- Review what we investigate.
- Have the following available to provide to our investigator:
- Name, exact address, and contact information of the owner, if known
- Date(s) the complaint occurred
- Brief but specific account of the facts and circumstances involved
- Your name and daytime phone number—we may need to follow up with you to get more specific details
Contact us during normal business hours or leave a message after hours:
Monday–Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Phone: (763) 489-2236
Online: send Humane Investigations a message with questions or concerns