It’s a fundraiser, festival, pet parade, and maybe the best day you’ll ever have
Animal Humane Society is hosting its 48th annual Walk for Animals on Saturday, May 4. Every year there’s something new (and thousands of adorable noses to boop), but the goal is always the same — help animals in need.
We bring Minnesotans together for an incredible day of celebrating the animals we know and love while supporting the vulnerable and homeless animals who need us most.
We have a bold goal of raising $1 million, and we can do it with animal lovers like you by our sides. Believe us, you’ll never have so much fun making a difference.
If you’ve never attended the Walk before, or you’re looking for a reason to return, we have your back.
Five reasons to attend this year’s Walk for Animals
- Awesome live music from Twin Cities based cover band, American Bootleg, plus event entertainment (including trivia, costume contests, and more).
- Get your Wag on, then get your nom on. We’ll have food trucks, Summit beer, and (drumroll please) a new Bloody Mary bar.
- Surprise local celebrities!
- Dog bandanas, homemade treats, and more. This year, more than 50 vendors will be selling pet products and services, plus AHS swag and merchandise.
- Dogs, cats, rabbits, goats, ponies, turtles, birds, lizards, guinea pigs, chickens — all in one place (seriously).
Together, nearly 9,000 people will walk for animals. We’ll walk for the animals who bring us joy and laughter every day. We’ll walk for the animals we haven’t met yet, but will someday fill our lives with love. And we’ll walk for the animals we’ve lost and still carry in our hearts.
We’ll walk because animals need us — and we need them too.
When it comes to the Walk for Animals, Minnesota shows up. Will you be there?