We have modified the way we deliver our services to protect the health and well-being of the animals in our care, our staff, volunteers, and the community we serve.
Adoption and intake
- Adoption is currently available by appointment only. Our adoption centers are closed to the general public.
- Intake is available by appointment only with curbside service.
- We are providing housing for impounded animals through city contracts in Washington County and for the City of Coon Rapids.
- Select public veterinary services are available by appointment with curbside service at our Golden Valley and University Avenue veterinary centers.
- End-of-life services for pets are available by appointment only with some restrictions.
- AHS is offering limited in-person day camps for children. Most other in-person education programming has been suspended through March 2021.
- We have also developed online education materials for kids of all ages.
- Our Humane Investigations team remains on duty throughout the state.
- We are currently working with our community partners to find ways to deliver outreach programs safely.
Private training sessions and group obedience courses are available online, and in-person obedience courses have resumed with enhanced safety protocols.
- Most volunteer shifts and all group volunteer activities in our shelters are currently suspended.
Face covering and health screening requirements
Animal Humane Society is committed to the health and well-being of the community we serve. To help protect one another, we are requiring all staff, volunteers, and visitors at AHS to wear face coverings and practice social distancing. We are also checking temperatures using a contactless thermometer and asking staff and visitors to an answer the following questions:
- Do you have a new cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Are you experiencing new muscle aches that you cannot attribute to another health condition, or that may have been caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
- Have you had close contact (6 feet or less for 15 minutes or more) with anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms or is seeking a COVID-19 medical diagnosis?
- Will anything prevent you from following our temperature check, social distancing, handwashing, and face covering requirements while you are at AHS?
If you answer yes to any of these questions or have a temperature of 100.4°F or higher, we may ask you to return at another time
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.