UPDATE: May 5, 2020
UPDATE: April 21, 2020
While our adoption centers remain closed to the public, we are excited to begin offering adoption by appointment for a limited number of animals starting Wednesday, April 22. This new adoption process allows us to find loving homes for animals while protecting the health and safety of our adopters and staff. Learn more.
UPDATE: March 22, 2020
Like so many others around the world, we’re paying close attention to the COVID-19 pandemic, with a focus on the potential impacts on animals and the people who love them. Despite the many challenges we’re facing as a result of this crisis, Animal Humane Society’s commitment to animals and the community we serve has not wavered.
Out of an abundance of caution and concern we have made the extremely difficult decision to temporarily close all Animal Humane Society sites to the public.
We are working to place as many animals as possible in foster care, and a group of expert veterinary and animal care staff will remain on site throughout the duration of the closure to care for those that must remain in our shelters.
Which AHS services will continue?
While our adoption centers are closed to the public, we will continue to provide essential services to support animals in need, including:
- Adoption by appointment for a limited selection of animals
- Humane investigations
- Intake (by appointment only) of surrenders and stray animals for all intake types
- Care and medical treatment for animals in our shelters
- Select public veterinary services at our Golden Valley Veterinary Center. Wellness services will continue seven days a week and will be by appointment only. All spay/neuter surgeries are cancelled until further notice.
- End-of-life services for pet owners
- Pet Helpline and Behavior Helpline
- Housing for impounded animals through city contracts in Washington County and the City of Coon Rapids.
We will continue to share updates with you by email, and on our website and social media channels.
Please keep checking this page and our social media channels for more information. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this situation.