Have you dreamed about being a dog parent? Or fantasized about locking eyes with your new best friend and taking them home?
Before you jump in your car and head to your nearest Animal Humane Society, brush up on these five adoption tips from Teddy Johnson, Adoption Services Lead.
These tips include:
- Make sure a dog is right for you. Make sure a dog fits your lifestyle.
- Do your research. Every dog is different.
- Come for a visit. Get to know the dog or bond with them before making a commitment.
- Gear up. Dogs need leashes, collars, ID tags, and more.
- Be patient in the transition. Training often takes time — patience is important!
Watch the video to learn more. Or come visit us at one of our four locations to meet a new family member today! See all of the dogs currently waiting for homes on our Adoptable Animals page.