Finding your lost pet
Quick action and personal involvement in the recovery process are key components of recovering your lost pet. These steps can help you locate a lost pet as quickly as possible:
Tell the community about your lost pet
- Post information about the animal to our Lost Pets Bulletin Board.
- Search our Found Pets Bulletin Board.
- Post and search reports on other online resources:
- Tell your family, friends, and neighbors. Post fliers around your neighborhood.
- Contact your local animal control agency and/or non-emergency police department. File a lost pet report and ask where your animal will be taken if it is picked up by one of these agencies.
- Notify your veterinary clinic and microchip company to let them know your pet is missing. Confirm that they have current contact information for you.
Search your neighborhood
Search your neighborhood every day until your pet is found. Post notices throughout the neighborhood using a clear, up-to-date photo. Talk to your neighbors and any neighborhood businesses. Offering a reward can also be helpful.
When your pet is found, remember to take down any notices you've posted online and around your neighborhood.