1. Event application
- Your event coordinator should contact AHS in a timely manner (preferably four to six weeks prior to the event date) to seek guidance and request resources. Please complete our event application form prior to conducting your AHS fundraiser.
- AHS reserves the right to decline association with any event or organization for any reason.
- Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all permits, especially those for raffles and/or games of chance.
- Event organizers must obtain their own liability insurance to cover the event. AHS is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third-party events.
2. Event agreement
- Upon approval, you will receive a signed copy of the application agreement for your records.
3. Event promotion
- The event must be promoted in a manner to avoid statements or the appearance of AHS endorsing any product, firm, organization, individual, or service.
- Animal Humane Society's name and logo must be used in accordance with our graphic standards.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit AHS. A vague disclosure indicating AHS will receive “proceeds,” “profits” or “net proceeds” is insufficient. Your participants should know your intentions.
- AHS should receive a list of targeted sponsors for the event before they are approached to minimize overlap with other AHS events and/or fundraising campaigns that may be underway, if applicable.
- Third-party fundraisers cannot be held at any AHS location.
- AHS does not provide its database for promotion of an event.
- AHS can promote your event through our online Event Calendar.
4. Event requests
- While we may be able to provide guidance for your event, we don't have the personnel to handle the organizational and administrative tasks associated with third-party events. Therefore, you're responsible for all details of the event including: underwriting all of the related costs, recruiting volunteers to help out at the event, creating flyers to publicize the event, and working at the actual event.
- Due to the number of requests we receive, AHS cannot:
- Send an AHS representative to participate in all events
- Distribute posters or literature for your event at our shelters
- Supply adoptable animals for your event
- Send emails to the AHS audience promoting your event
- Promote your event on social media channels
- AHS would be happy to provide the following with a two-week notice:
- Informational brochures
- Issues of Animal Tracks (our bi-annual magazine)
- Temporary AHS tattoos
- "My Heart Belongs to Animals" stickers
5. Event proceeds
- You must notify AHS if another organization also will benefit from this event or promotion.
- AHS cannot make any investment, pay for or reimburse any expenses incurred as a result of a fundraising event. This means that the event must pay all expenses prior to remitting the net revenue to AHS.
- AHS is not responsible for any financial loss and may withdraw support of any event should activities be discovered that undermine Animal Humane Society’ mission or reputation.
- Under no circumstances should third-party event revenue and expenses flow through AHS books. Only the final net proceeds from the event are to be processed by AHS.
- Please send any donations you've collected, along with a donation deposit form, to: Animal Humane Society, Attn: Donor Services, 845 Meadow Ln N, Golden Valley, MN 55422
- For security purposes, please don't send cash in the mail. You can drop off cash donations at any one of our locations.