AHS COVID-19 humane education program policies
Masks are encouraged but not required for staff, volunteers, and visitors.
Signs of illness
- Please monitor your child for signs of illness and keep them home when ill.
- Participants with symptoms of infectious diseases, including COVID-19, influenza, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and gastrointestinal infections should stay home and get tested for COVID-19.
Participant does not feel well during the program
- If a participant does not feel well during the program, the guardian will be called to pick up the participant early.
- Participants with symptoms of infectious diseases, including COVID-19, influenza, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and gastrointestinal infections should stay home and get tested for COVID-19. Participants should stay home until they test negative for COVID-19 and/or symptoms have subsided.
Participant tests positive for COVID -19
- If a participant has attended the program for any amount of time and tests positive for COVID-19, inside a one-week window from when they last attended the program, we ask that guardians report this to AHS.
- In the event a participant tests positive for COVID-19, AHS will send an email to parents of children who may have been exposed.
Participant had exposure to COVID-19
- We request that participants do not attend AHS education programs if they have recently had close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual until they test negative or the five day exposure window has passed with no symptoms. If the participant tests negative, they may return to programming and will need to wear a mask for 10 days following exposure.
Sanitation and cleaning
- Hand washing for at least 20 seconds with soap and water will be required before and after animal socializing, bathroom breaks, as well as immediately after using a tissue, coughing, or sneezing.
- In cases where soap and water are not readily available, hands will be cleaned with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Scheduled cleaning of door handles, countertops, chairs, and other surfaces will be done by AHS staff at the beginning and end of each day.