By supporting Animal Humane Society, you’re helping animals get the second chances they deserve. Your gift directly impacts animals by:
- Providing medical and behavioral care for animals at our shelters.
- Educating our community on how to properly care for animals.
- Rescuing animals from abusive and neglectful situations.
- Supporting underserved communities with necessary resources to care for their pets.
You can also make a gift in tribute of a person, animal, or special occasion to show you care about your loved ones and the dogs, cats, and critters at AHS.
For more information about the impact of supporting AHS, view our latest annual report. Thank you for your support.
- $25: Provides heartworm tests for five dogs
- $50: Provides full vaccinations for two stray cats
- $100: Provides behavioral training sessions for an animal to help them find a new home more quickly
- $250: Provides X-rays for two injured animals
- $500: Helps three dogs through the Adoption Preparation program which readies shy or fearful dogs for adoption
- $1,000: Gives housing and care to 67 animals in the shelter for one day
- $2,500: Provides medical supplies and medications for 38 spay/neuter surgeries
Minnesota Charities Review Council’s Standards of Accountability state that at least 70% of an organization’s annual expenses must be directed toward program activity with no more than 30% for management and general and fundraising expenses combined. In our fiscal year 2019, Animal Humane Society exceeded this standard by directing 73% of our expenses back into programming and services for animals and the community.