Donate items we can recycle
Recycle items from your home to help the animals!
- Bring us your old blankets and towels. We can put them to use for bedding, grooming and cleaning up around our shelters.
- Organize a newspaper drive. Newspapers are used to line the bottom of animal cages. Please remove glossy circulars and stack the newspapers neatly in paper grocery bags. Please do not shred newspaper.
- Collect shredded office paper, which is used to make puppy and small animal cages more comfortable. (Please note that we can’t use cross-cut shredded paper, only the kind with long, straight strips.)
- Collect clean plastic shopping bags, which are used by our dog walkers for cleanup outdoors.
- Collect paper towel and toilet paper rolls, which are used in our education department for craft projects and in our behavior department for animal enrichment.
Donated items can be brought to the customer service counter at any AHS location during regular business hours; no appointment is necessary. Groups are also welcome to schedule a tour of one of our facilities at the time they bring in their donations. Tours last approximately 1 hour; there is a $1/person fee, with a $10 minimum, for tours. Our tour schedules fill up quickly, so please schedule tours at least 2 weeks in advance.