Level 1 teaches your dog how fun it can be to follow commands and lays the groundwork for skills that are key in developing a well-mannered canine companion. You may be surprised at how readily your dog will learn new things —it’s all about consistency! Basic skills taught in Level 1 training include:
- Stationary attention and name recognition
- Sit (verbal and hand signals)
- Polite greeting of people who approach you and your dog
- Intro to loose-leash walking
Dogs must have completed four classes of Puppy Kindergarten or be at least 18 weeks old.
Not all dogs benefit from group training classes. Your dog may not be appropriate for group class if they:
- Have a bite history of either people or other animals
- Bark, snark, or snarl at other dogs or people
- Is excessively shy of new people or situations
- Is easy overstimulated by new situations
Dogs who exhibit behaviors incompatible with a group training setting will be dismissed from class without refund. If you have questions about your dog's eligibility, please contact the training school prior to registering for class at 763-489-2217 or email.
Depending on your dog's behavior, we may be able to help you through private training sessions, specially designed classes for reactive dogs, or referrals to specialists.
To create a better customer experience in the future, we are transitioning to a new training school software and are currently unable to accept new students into our Coon Rapids' Level 1 classes. Please check back mid- to late- August for more information.
- Monday, 7 p.m. (AUD)
- Tuesday, 11:45 a.m. (AUD), 6:45 p.m. (MPR), 7 p.m. (AUD)
- Wednesday, 10:15 a.m. (AUD), 6 p.m. (MPR), 8:30 p.m. (AUD)
- Thursday, 6 p.m. (MPR), 7:30 p.m. (MPR)
- Saturday, 9:15 a.m. (AUD)
- Sunday, 1:15 p.m. (MPR)
Classes listed as "MPR" are in the Multi-Purpose Room at the rear of the building.
Classes listed as "AUD" are in the Auditorium at the front of the building.
Now Boarding (Minneapolis)
- Tuesday, 8:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 6:45 p.m.
- Monday 6:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, 6 p.m.
- Sunday, 5:15 p.m.