Main Navigation

Wildlife resources

Animal Humane Society partners with Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota to accept and treat injured and orphaned wild animals at our Golden Valley site. We are the only humane society in Minnesota to hold a permit with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, which allows us to have specially trained and licensed wildlife rehabilitators on staff. These technicians provide care and comfort to injured and orphaned wildlife.

Our wildlife placement services are utilized by private citizens and several community law enforcement agencies. Having a wildlife placement service available provides animal control and community service officers with the resources necessary to respond to calls from residents about injured and orphaned wildlife.

Injured or orphaned wildlife

For immediate information on what to do if you have found injured or orphaned wild animals, please review our wildlife resource library. For additional assistance call our Wildlife Exam Department at (763) 489-2223.

Nuisance wildlife

Please review our nuisance wildlife library for tips on how to deter specific nuisance wildlife from your property. Animal Humane Society does not trap and remove nuisance animals.

Wildlife supplies

You can make a difference in a wild animal’s life by contributing items on our wishlist.