PetSet activities may include:
- From AHS/Community experts:
- Ad Prep
- Service dogs
- Therapy animals
- Rabbit agility
- Veterinarian/Vet Tech
- From each other:
- Present book/movie report to group
- Bring in articles to discuss
- Discuss current events
- Investigate state laws regarding animals
- Write letters to representatives
- Discuss AHS board policy statements on challenging issues
- Develop presentations on animal-related issues for parents/school/etc.
- Encourage local TV stations to air PSAs regarding dog fighting or other issues
- Create YouTube videos, MySpace pages, etc. to educate public
- Make blankets/toys, dog bandanas, etc.
- Organize donations drives or fundraisers
- Form a Walk For Animals team
- Staff a “Kids Zone” booth at the Walk
- “Adopt” and maintain a local dog park
- Develop and post flyers at local parks regarding pet care in cold/hot weather, leash laws, etc.
- Volunteer to help with AHS birthday parties
- Build animal equipment for AHS shelters
- Help AHS sites with facilities projects
- Other projects chosen/led by students
These ideas are just a start! PetSet members have a significant voice in deciding what activities their group will pursue.