VOLUNTEERS MUST MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS:
Be at least 16 years of age.*
Be able to commit to one year of volunteering. In-shelter opportunities require a minimum of one regularly scheduled and recurring shift every other week. Shifts are 2-4 hours depndeing on the assignment.
Understand & accept Animal Humane Society's philosophies regarding open admissions and humane euthanasia
- Communicate professionally, as human interaction is a requirement of ALL volunteer roles
- Take and follow direction
- Understand and fulfill all responsibilities of their role independently
- Read and comprehend detailed policy and protocol information
- Be able to reach, stand, walk, for up to 3 hours
- Be able to lift and carry up to 20lbs
- Be able to hear, see, and interpret animal behavior and body language
- Remember and follow shelter rules
- With a positive attitude, emotionally manage a workplace that can be stressful
If you meet the above requirements and would like to apply, please continue here. If you would like to explore the roles available at each site, click here.
*Foster volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.