Adoption application and policies
We use an application and interview process to ensure that each animal adopted will be matched to the most compatible new owner. To expedite the adoption process, you can complete the form before you visit.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and present a current photo ID at the time of adoption.
- Animal Humane Society may limit the number of animals that can be adopted at any one time, require certain animals to be adopted together, or enforce other restrictions regarding other pets or young children. These restrictions are in place to give every animal the best chance for success in a new home.
- All dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, rabbits and ferrets will be spayed/neutered prior to going home.
- To provide permanent identification, all dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, rabbits and ferrets receive a microchip implant that is registered at the time of adoption.
- Animal Humane Society reserves the right to refuse any adoption.