Mission of the Animal Humane Society
To engage the hearts, hands and minds of the community to help animals.
To compassionately and responsibly create a more humane world for animals.
Our Core Beliefs
Be good to animals.
It's all about treating animals humanely.
- We believe in the intrinsic value of animals.
- We believe a unique and reciprocal bond exists between animals and humans.
- We believe animals are worthy of our time, money and attention.
We can’t help animals without people. They are our key resource.
- We believe in the power of teamwork.
- We believe in collaborating with others to better serve animals.
- We believe in working closely within communities, one person and one animal at a time.
Balance compassion with responsibility.
We are here for animals at all stages of their life.
- We believe people have a responsibility to animals, especially those we have domesticated.
- We believe responsibility must be led by and balanced with compassion.
- We believe in an open admission policy, where no animal is turned away.
By performing as a leader, we can make a difference.
- We believe in being a leader within the animal welfare industry.
- We believe this means having a strong regional presence and national voice.
- We believe in engaging others, so as to change thoughts and actions toward animals.
Be an effective steward.
We are a private non-profit organization and depend on the goodwill of others.
- We believe trust is our heritage. People trust us to do good.
- We believe in managing monetary resources professionally and honorably.
- We believe in using people’s time wisely and respecting their dedication.